Administration and Library Assistant
Concordia University is seeking applicants for the position of Administration and Library Assistant at the George R. White Law Library in Boise, Idaho. This is a full-time position. Successful applicants will assist in maintaining the basic workflow, processes and services of the library and provide excellent customer service to library patrons.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Coordinate and perform daily tasks and weekly projects in order to optimize the flow of library operations.
2. Greet and receive guests to the library, answer questions, and refer patrons to appropriate library staff or faculty as needed.
3. Work directly and indirectly with library patrons to ensure user needs are met.
4. Provide professional and friendly customer service at all times.
5. Ensure proper implementation of library policies and procedures.
6. Scheduling and supervise the work of library student workers.
7. Provide administrative support including but not limited to data entry, filing, processing bill payments, processing receipts and invoices, processing travel reimbursements, maintaining invoice reconciliation report, tracking invoices paid, processing and distributing mail.
8. Attend circulation desk, check in/out library materials, shelving and updating library materials.
9. Processing new books.
10. Maintain study room scheduling.
11. Assist in opening and closing library, updating library hours.
12. Performing administrative duties and/or special projects as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience providing administrative support in a higher education, library or legal services environment.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Able to demonstrate exceptional customer service when interacting with the public in person, via telephone or electronically.
Able to work in an independent manner, demonstrating strong initiative, attention to detail and time management skills.
Knowledge of and able to use basic office equipment including copiers, phones, personal computers and scanners.
Knowledge of and able to use basic software applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint. Able to navigate network drives in order to look-up, save and retrieve information.
Able and willing to learn new tasks, skills, systems and procedures.
Concordia University is a private, Christian university. Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion in order to further the Lutheran objectives of the University and the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Attitude and demeanor of all Concordia University employees: As part of a work environment that highly values Christian education, educational excellence and service to students, all members of the community will:
Publicly support the mission of Concordia University.
Communicate effectively with warmth, sensitivity, and understanding as s/he deals with administrative colleagues, teachers, students, parents, faculty, college personnel and program associates.
Work as a team member in a professional environment.
Possess a “service attitude” (willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of the department).
Have a professional physical appearance (appropriate clothing, personal hygiene, etc.).
To apply for this position please see the full job description posted at Concordia University Employment Opportunities: