Molly Montgomery published Librarian- Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine in Jobs Board 2018-04-24 13:58:08 -0600
As part of the ICOM Library team, the Librarian will primarily be responsible for ensuring access to print and digital collections through electronic resource management, cataloging, and interlibrary loan. The Librarian will aid in library planning, budgeting, and staffing decisions and will represent the library in the absence of the Director of Library Services. The Librarian will also be expected to provide reference services and instruction to students and faculty.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Manage and troubleshoot the library’s electronic resources, including e-books, e-journals, and databases
- Create tools to aid patrons in the discovery and usage of library resources
- Perform original and copy cataloging of all formats of library materials
- Collect and analyze resource usage statistics
- Instruct patrons in locating, using, and evaluating medical information resources
- A team player who values collaboration, mutual support, and team cohesion
- MLS, MLIS, or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution
- Experience with library access services (cataloging, circulation, electronic resource management, discovery software)
- Experience working with interlibrary loan services (DOCLINE, ILLiad, WorldShare, etc.)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience in an academic and/or health sciences library environment preferred
- Working knowledge of medical information resources (PubMed, Cochrane, etc.) preferred
- Experience with Springshare products helpful
Application available here: https://idaho-college-of-osteopathic-medicine.workable.com/j/95FCDA8CE4
Contact Molly Montgomery with any questions: email@example.com
A group of 20 librarians, library staff, library students and others gathered at the Idaho State University Library in Meridian for the 1st ACRL Idaho unconference on Friday, July 14th. Topics discussed ranged from the usability of finding tools like LibGuides to ways the library can promote the care of the whole student to different types of literacy to open educational resources.
Participants were given a tour of the Treasure Valley Anatomy & Physiology Laboratories which included demonstrations of the virtual lab and a walkthrough of the cadaver lab.
It was a lot of fun to be able to take time away from the day to day work schedule to discuss and reflect upon issues relevant to academic libraries. I'm looking forward to the next unconference!
Molly Montgomery, ACRL Idaho Chair
Molly Montgomery donated 2017-05-10 11:27:31 -0600188 donors100 donors
The Idaho Library Association depends on members of the library community at all levels. Library professionals, from the front lines to the back office, help keep our organization strong! Thank you for renewing your membership.
Premium Member Resources
Members receive many benefits with their membership, such as access to the membership directory, which lists all ILA members by division.
Professional Development Opportunities
Conferences provide ILA members with unique professional development opportunities.
Discounts for ILA Events and More
ILA members have access to both the annual and regional conferences at a discounted rate.
ILA members can run for a variety of elected positions or volunteer for appointed ones. Members can also volunteer to serve on or run committees, and assist with conference planning.
ILA members come from all types of libraries: public, school, academic and special. Some members are representative of a library board of trustees or friends group. No matter the type of library, ILA members come from every corner of Idaho – from Bonners Ferry to Ola to Island Park. Meeting colleagues from around the state and collaborating on special projects or events is an opportunity not to be missed.
ILA members can apply for two continuing education scholarships: the ILA Scholarship and the Gardner Hanks Scholarship. at the annual conference each year, ILA recognizes the librarian of the year, the school library program of the year, and the public library of the year, as voted on by the ILA Scholarships and Awards Committee.
ILA members have access to powerful, effective representation before state legislators and leaders. A legislative team works on issues in front of the legislature that are of an important nature to Idaho libraries, and keeps the Idaho library community informed about these issues and how they affect libraries.Donate
Molly Montgomery donated 2017-05-24 08:16:54 -0600