Boise State University Albertsons Library is seeking a Library Cataloging Specialist. For full details regarding the nature of the position, degree and experience requirements and application procedures, please visit our job postings website at: https://boisestate.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=180177&tz=GMT-07%3A00 . EEO/AA Employer. Veterans Preference
Are you looking for a rewarding library career? Are you passionate about providing exceptional customer service? Be a part of a transformational library committed to connecting the community to new and creative services in meaningful ways. Meridian Library District serves 95,000 residents through two branches, bookmobile, technology library (unBound), and online services.
This full-time Public Services Librarian (Branch) position:
Manages the development and implementation of library programs and public instruction classes. Develops and implements new and innovative programs designed to create interest and enjoyment for the community. Determines program content.
Assists the branch manager with managerial duties including assisting and training staff, resolving customer disputes and acting as person in charge in the supervisor's absence.
Leads and participates in committees to research, recommend, develop and implement department policies and procedures
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week or based on business need.
Rate of Pay: $21.51-$26.00 per hour or DOE
Benefits: Eligible for a competitive benefits package including generous paid time-off and 100% employer paid monthly health insurance premium for employee Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with the option to add dependents and spouse at reasonable, low cost rates. For a full description of the benefits associated with this position, download the PDF here.
Open January 2, 2018 - January 20, 2018
Full - time - 40 hours a week
Pay Rate: $19.42 - $20.61 DOE
The Outreach/Reference Librarian performs professional library work – as outreach to the community. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director, with considerable judgment and initiative within the framework of established general policies and procedures. Works with the administration to plan and manage Bookmobile operations. Work involves the planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluation of Bookmobile services and programs and answering of reference inquiries, providing readers’ advisory services, selecting library materials and providing services and resources designed to interest the public.
For additional details and application process, go to: http://tfpl.org/employment#employment
Open December 29, 2017 - January, 12 2018
Two part-time Library Associate I positions are open in our Adult Services department. For one of the openings, we are seeking a bilingual candidate in English/Spanish.
Primary job duties include: Assisting patrons locate materials, reader's advisory and helping the public use online computers. Also, will aid in providing and promoting enriching and informational programs to adults. Will work on a team to support other library duties as needed. Strong computer skills desired.
Beginning pay: $11.96/hr; 19 hours/week
Successful candidate for the bilingual English/Spanish position will need to pass a fluency test in Spanish, and will receive a 2% salary adjustment.
For details and to apply, go to: http://cityofnampa.us/689/Employment
-- Beth Neunaber, Adult Services Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nampa Public Library, 215 12th Ave S., Nampa, Idaho. http://nampalibrary.org/
Please see link below for complete details and application process.
Open for Recruitment: November 13, 2017 - November 27, 2017
Announcement # 02928021935
Salary Range: $15.09 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!
Eli M. Oboler Library
Performs and supervises specialized and complex paraprofessional library work in the Research Services (Reference) department assisting patrons with their research needs, managing scheduling and reports, supervising student assistants, and other duties as assigned.
Full Time, Great Benefits, Make a Difference
$16.00-18.00 per hour
Do you LOVE Helping Others? Are you Creative, Self-Motivated and Full of Enthusiasm?
If so, Lewiston City Library is the place for you! The Lewiston City Library staff is united in inspiring a passion for reading, personal growth and learning; ensuring access to information, ideas and stories; enjoying Lewiston’s distinctive community--- sound like fun, come join us!
The Library Supervisor frequently interacts with the public and provides back-up and operational support for the library’s front-line staff. Daily activities include scheduling, supervising, disciplining, hiring, training, coaching and developing staff and volunteers. The Library Supervisor is a problem-solver that resolves and troubleshoots work flow issues and develops solutions to increase productivity and efficiency of work flow.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week and will include some evening and weekend shifts. Ability to work evenings and weekends on a rotating schedule and to adapt to schedule changes on short notice is required. This position includes PERSI retirement benefits, medical including dental, vacation and sick leave.
Requires an Associate’s degree in business, public administration or related field (OR) any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. 2 years of work experience in a library setting; 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred. A valid driver’s license is required; this job requires the operation of a city passenger vehicle.
A City of Lewiston Application for Employment is required and available on the City of Lewiston website, www.cityoflewiston.org or at City Hall, 1134 F Street (front lobby employment kiosk). Applications must be returned to City Hall, emailed to HR@cityoflewiston.org, or mailed to PO Box 617, Lewiston, ID 83501, no later than 5:00 pm on November 6, 2017. EOE/ADA-Reasonable accommodations on request
To Apply for any current job opportunities with the City of Lewiston, please complete a City of Lewiston Application. Applications needed to be returned to the Human Resources Department and can be done so by:
- email at email@example.com
- fax at (208) 298-0925
- mailing to or in person at City Hall, 1134 F. St. Lewiston, ID 83501
The Public Services Librarian manages circulation functions including patron services, reserves, and aspects of stacks maintenance. This position also provides reference and instructional service to law school students, faculty, and other library users. This position requires a strong commitment to service and problem-solving skills. The Public Services Librarian is responsible for insuring consistently high service to library users by establishing, documenting, and applying library policies and procedures; training and supervising student employees; and working with other departments in the Gonzaga Law School and Gonzaga University on issues relating to security, facilities, and use of the law library. Evening and weekend hours may be required in this position, depending on the need as determined by the Head of Public Services Librarian or Library Director.
A. Circulation Duties (50%):
• Supervise operation of the circulation desk of the library, assist library users at the circulation desk, and schedule coverage for circulation desk.
• Administer the circulation module of the Integrated Library System (Alma), including patron records, borrowing rules, and circulation statistics.
• Communicate with library administration, other departments in the law school, and the university regarding security, facilities, and student employment.
• Prepare Public Service Department statistical reports for library administration.
• Coordinate with the Technical Services Department to evaluate and revise workflow and procedures between departments.
• Hire, train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate student employees in coordination with the Head of Public Services Librarian.
• Create, document, implement, and administer library policies, procedures, and training materials for Public Services Department functions.
B. Reference & Instructional Duties (40%):
• Provide reference service to students, faculty, and other library users. Staff the reference desk along with the Head of Public Services Librarian and Library Director.
• Instruct law students in the use of the library and legal research methodology, both individually and in classroom settings.
• Provide faculty research assistance as assigned by Head of Public Services Librarian and Library Director.
• Develop and update library instructional materials, publications, and online user guides to facilitate access to resources and promote awareness of library services.
• Work with other librarians on collection development and stacks maintenance initiatives and projects.
• Train and support library staff in the use of circulation module of Alma and other electronic resources.
• Work with law school IT staff to coordinate services to students and faculty.
C. Other Functions (10%):
• Assist and participate in library planning.
• Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge of legal research methodology and materials.
• Participate in weekly librarian meetings, public services department meetings, and monthly staff meetings.
• Participate in law school and university committees, as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned in support of Gonzaga’s mission.
1. M.L.S. (or equivalent) degree from an ALA accredited institution.
2. Knowledge of electronic resources and integrated library systems.
3. A strong service orientation and ability to manage projects.
Posting closes October 30, 2017.
Seeking an innovative and motivating person to manage & develop staff; direct collection management; lead planning of dynamic programs while building cooperative community relations through the active Youth Services division of the Nampa Public Library.
For details and to apply, go to: https://rn11.ultipro.com/cit1013/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*8D1A2DC0ED0779CF
The principal function of an employee in this class is to direct specific library work, coordinate activities, manage personnel, and ensure the efficiency of the assigned Departments workflow. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of the Library Director, good initiative and independent judgment are expected of these employees. Effective working relations will be established and maintained with library staff and Department Heads, other City employees and Departments, and the general public.
Education: Master's Degree Required, Field of Study: Library or Information Science Or Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Experience: 4 plus years of experience in Library Operation, including Supervisory experience or Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Library Director
Grade/Level: $4,000-$4,420 per month/DOE
This position works under the general supervision of an Assistant Library Administrator and either: 1) have immediate charge of a Group I level community library including the supervision of specialized professional as well as professional, paraprofessional, and clerical staff; 2) direct and coordinate the work of the department-wide highly-specialized reference services, which include the ethnic resource centers and other special resource collections. For more information click the link to see the full job description
Jerome Public Library
The following position is now available:
The City of Jerome is a dynamic organization which positively affects our citizens every day. Every position within the City is expected to be a leader within our organization, as well as in our community. Responsible for all duties required at the circulation desk. This full-time position works a varied schedule including some evenings until 7:00 pm and some Saturdays.
Acceptable Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED.
• One to three years customer service experience.
• One to two years library experience preferred.
• Bilingual skills in English/Spanish required.
Examples of Work (Illustrative Only) Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for front desk duties.
• Assists patrons in using the online library catalog and locating library materials.
• Schedules requested use of the meeting rooms.
• Provides immediate assistance to patrons.
• Checks in library returned library materials.
• Answers telephone calls promptly and provide information or assist callers as appropriate.
• Handles patron inquiries concerning overdue fines and lost material fees.
• Monitors the use of public computers and assist with technical concerns and questions.
• Manages computer reservations and assist patrons accessing emails, websites, performing job searches and building resumes.
• Oversees the use of the automated circulation system.
• Assists the Library Director with the overdue process by making the initial contact for overdue items.
• Collects and records fines; maintains and updates confidential patron record.
• Inputs data into the computer; such as new patron cards, library items, etc.
• Provides patrons with information about programs and services.
• Assists with the creation of library displays.
View the full job posting at http://www.ci.jerome.id.us/city-government/human-resources/job-listings.html
Pay rate: $10.59 - $13.23
Position Close Date: September 8, 2017
Jerome Public Library Director
(208) 324-5427 x115