Intellectual Freedom Committee Chair Opening
There is an opening for the chair position on ILA's Intellectual Freedom Committee (IFC). This is a great opportunity to develop leadership skills while serving the library community in Idaho. The Intellectual Freedom Committee works to to resist all attempts to censor library materials or to restrict public access to information. Any ILA member can serve as chair of the IFC.
• Keeps abreast of statewide and national issues and challenges.
• Gathers and disseminates information to the membership.
• Promotes intellectual freedom by actively contacting library and school officials where materials or procedures have been challenged, offering the assistance of the ILA membership.
• Raises awareness and provides continuing education activities.
• Provides leadership and assistance in access and privacy for electronic information.
If interested, please contact Shalini Ramachandran at firstname.lastname@example.org.