Jerome Public Library
The following position is now available:
The City of Jerome is a dynamic organization which positively affects our citizens every day. Every position within the City is expected to be a leader within our organization, as well as in our community. Responsible for all duties required at the circulation desk. This full-time position works a varied schedule including some evenings until 7:00 pm and some Saturdays.
Acceptable Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED.
• One to three years customer service experience.
• One to two years library experience preferred.
• Bilingual skills in English/Spanish required.
Examples of Work (Illustrative Only) Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for front desk duties.
• Assists patrons in using the online library catalog and locating library materials.
• Schedules requested use of the meeting rooms.
• Provides immediate assistance to patrons.
• Checks in library returned library materials.
• Answers telephone calls promptly and provide information or assist callers as appropriate.
• Handles patron inquiries concerning overdue fines and lost material fees.
• Monitors the use of public computers and assist with technical concerns and questions.
• Manages computer reservations and assist patrons accessing emails, websites, performing job searches and building resumes.
• Oversees the use of the automated circulation system.
• Assists the Library Director with the overdue process by making the initial contact for overdue items.
• Collects and records fines; maintains and updates confidential patron record.
• Inputs data into the computer; such as new patron cards, library items, etc.
• Provides patrons with information about programs and services.
• Assists with the creation of library displays.
View the full job posting at http://www.ci.jerome.id.us/city-government/human-resources/job-listings.html
Pay rate: $10.59 - $13.23
Position Close Date: September 8, 2017
Jerome Public Library Director
(208) 324-5427 x115